Armoire Makeover, Project Day #2

My inspiration for this armoire makeover was this lovely piece of furniture from Dovetail. This is the Zamora Sideboard and retails for about $1600. Built in " solid Indian hardwood with a sealed, cracked finish".

 Now while I'm not going to crackle this piece (something I haven't tried yet :( ) I am going to give it a super duper distressed finish.

 Let's see what I have to work with shall we?



Isn't she pretty? Of course this is after the first coat of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I couldn't wait.

Another Freebie from the side of the road. I had fight for this one. As soon as I pulled up another man pulled up behind me. My heart started to beat really fast as I ran to the front door to claim my prize. Ha!!! I beat you. Sorry :(((

Here's the process I took to get from here...



to here....


Obviously I removed all hardware.Wiped her down with a rag and some Windex. She was pretty dirty but over all in great shape.



I then gave her a coat of Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in Paris Grey.



 Followed by a coat of Annie Sloan;s Chalk Paint in Duck Egg Blue.




I then took my orbital sander and distressed the crud out of it. Wiped it down with a damp rag to get the dust off.

Then I stained it with Minwax's Dark Walnut. My favorite stain.





Then I cut out the panels with my jig saw on all four doors and stapled chicken wire to the inside of the doors. This gave the piece a rustic French farmhouse feel.


She is truly a beauty with amazing storage and very HEAVY! I don't think I achieved the same look as my inspiration piece of furniture. But I did discover a new painting technique that I will use in the future. I will try crackle finish next time.What do you think?


Be Blessed, xo Lisa


Comments

Popular Posts