Reupholstered Chair Part III

I can say that I've finished it and I am glad! Now I know why reupholstery costs so much! It is a lot of hard work. So let's have a looksie shall we?



Before

Add a little of this in French Gray



I dry brushed over it with Old White

After



Overall I'm very happy with how she turned out. I can say that I would love to get a pneumatic staple gun and I did go to Home Depot to check them out but they were $100+ and I wasn't sure that I wanted to invest that sort of cash as I don't know that I would reupholster enough furniture to make up for the cost. The hardest part, surprisingly, was tearing out all of the gazillion staples. The 2nd hardest part was restapling the canvas to the chair. My stapler is sort of clunky and didn't fit into the little knooks and crannies. I also learned how to make double welting for this project which is super exciting for a nonsewer like me. My favorite part was the paint, probably because it took about 1/2 hour to paint and literally no time at all to dry brush. This was a super fun project and the best part was that she was a curbside pickup! Woot woot!

Let's take another gander shall we? I know I'm corny, try explaining to your 5 year old what gander means.

Sweet!




Guess I shoulda' bought that pnuematic reupholster stapler, this is my next project that I picked up a garage sale Saturday morning. The lady who I bought her from said she sat in her bedroom for a year like this. It looks like she has been reupholstered several times and is a little sad looking. Tufting anyone?

Bless, Lisa
I am linking up to

Comments

  1. Very nice color and nice legs! Stop by for a blog visit.....your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work...I too love the painting, but not so much the upholstery. By the way, your stockist list for Annie Sloan chalk paint is outdated. There are more, and we have paint and wax ready to ship! There are two in CA now, northern and southern, and one in Florida also who is not mentioned. Find all the stockists at www.usajoliedesign.com. Order from one nearest you for fastest shipping!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chair turned out awesome! I'm dying to try the chalk paint. I've seen where some folks have used wax with that paint but haven't read where anyone used glaze? I'll have to get some samples and play with it. Good luck on your next project - I know nothing about tufting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the depth you achieved layering the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to know your thoughts. Please leave a comment below.

Popular Posts