Dining Room Makeover Part 1

Dining room before and afters Part 1.



I have a lot of reds, browns and gold color in my house which is what I'm starting to phase out.




The feeling of my house right now is stuffy and traditional. I would like to lighten it to make the rooms appear larger and bring in a mix of modern and lighter elements while still keeping some traditional pieces like this wood and wrought iron round wall hanging.

Paint swatches. We have up top Martha Stewart's Blue Enamel and below Behr's Light French Gray.




I'd like to replace the light fixture with a chandelier that is big enough for this room. When I bought this fixture I didn't realize it was too small for this space so in the evening this room doesn't get enough light.





 This one will do nicely. Somerset Cumberland Cabinet.
 Country Living. 
This has all the elements - my chair, cabinet and wall plates.
Sunset Magazine
I love the blue painted background of the inside of this cabinet.

I actually already have my china cabinet - it's being repainted as we speak or after I finish typing and get back to working on it. I will reveal it soon.


 I want to add drapes and maybe a rug under the table. I'd like to do some sort of a plate wall scape like this
                                 Jeffrey Cross Sunset Magazine

Kelly Wearstler The Hotel Viceroy Santa Monica
Thread Banger

So what do you think of my paint choice? Behr's Light French Gray. I love it, there is nothing more refreshing than a freshly painted room.



Comments

  1. The soft blue is actually one of my favorite colors, great choice!

    The other day you had asked me how to create a blog signature. The one I have now was created by my blog designer, Penny Lane Designs. However, my old one can be seen in this post and I share the details on how to create your own. It's actually fairly easy to create:


    http://theclassywoman.blogspot.com/2009/08/how-to-add-signature-to-blog-posts.html

    Good luck! :)

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karla, I will add it ASAP!

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to know your thoughts. Please leave a comment below.

Popular Posts